Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Dark Chocolate Pretzels

When you're instructed to bake something for a silent auction luncheon filled with Army spouses young and old, it can be a daunting task!

My original thought was to make a ricotta orange pound cake, but I figured everyone would be making some sort of cake or cookie. Due to my cramped schedule this week, I took the easy way out and made chocolate covered pretzels! Cover them in chocolate, decorate, and place them in a nice Christmas-y tin and viola - the highest selling (at $20) homemade good at the auction!

I used dark chocolate wafers, red vanilla wafers, and a small amount of white chocolate chips (Nestle) to achieve the swirls. I also included 3 red, green, and white non-pareil covered ones and 3 crushed almond ones. Easy as pie! (Easier than pie actually!)

Using the large pretzel sticks, I dipped them in dark chocolate, let them cool about 15 seconds and then dipped them in again. I then drizzled a very small amount of red and white chocolate, haphazardly, on the tops of the pretzels, swirled it around to mix the colors a bit, then used a toothpick to make a line down the center.

(I'm convinced it's that line that impresses everyone and makes them look more professional - the easiest part of the whole thing!)



No comments:

Post a Comment