If there is one thing I hate, it's chipping nail polish! For years I had pink/white gel nails and they were perfect - never had to be painted, always looked great. Then the real world set in and $60 every 2 weeks just wasn't doable anymore. Since I've had them off, I've experimented with lots of colors and brands, but my favorites are by Essie. Their contoured brushes are awesome!
OPI makes a color I have always been a huge fan of - Lincoln Park After Dark. It's a very deep purple and looks great on any skin tone! The last time I was at Ulta, I decided to take advantage of their buy 1 get 1 deal on OPI polishes and wound up with a bottle of Lincoln Park and a bottle of their new "suede" polish in You Don't Know Jacques.
The color of the suede polish is great - it's a multidimensional taupe and, even though you don't use a top coat, seems to sparkle. I would wear it all the time if I didn't have to redo it everyday!
The major downfall of this polish is its wear time. There is a warning on the bottle that states it will not last as long as regular polish, but they're not kidding in the slightest. If you have somewhere to go, put it on immediately before leaving the house (it dries VERY quickly) or you'll get there with a mess of chipped tips. Don't think about showering with it on because you'll get side tracked by picking it off.
It is a beautiful color and I would love to try their green shade, but if you aren't willing to do daily touch ups or completely repaint them each day, this isn't the polish for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment